Have you ever wondered why there are strange, hexagonal window boxes scattered across this website? I have, and it all started when I was traveling across memory lane the other day. That was when I discovered this particular memory fragment.
It seems like something had messed with the memory's data, but thankfully not too badly. A day after I first asked many members of Neocities communities to help me crack the puzzle, strange hexagonal windows started to pop up! I didn't know if they want my fragment or they're trying to help me. Fortunately for me, it turned out to be the latter.
Since then, many people across the community managed to find clues, decoded them, and used them to make considerable progress on cracking the code. As a result, the memory fragment started to change back more into its orginal form. I feel we are getting closer to a secret, soon to be uncovered...
How can I participate?
Each hexagonal box contains a message that needs to be decoded. You can tell by hovering over them with your mouse. To copy these messages, you will need to right click and "Inspect" the boxes first. Here you can copy its title attribute so you can paste it in a translator!
To be eligible for the event's rewards, you need:
- A Neocities site (not mandatory, but reccomended)
- Membership to a Neocities-related discord server (Penny's Club, Poppy's Cult, Yesterweb, neozones.club, etc.)
To prove your participation, either:
- Post your answers in one of the specialized puzzle threads in your Neocities Discord server (Check to see if there's one archived before you create one!)
- Private message me on Discord (Decode this--> KEknbSBOZW9ucmlzZXIjNjg0MSk= if you wish to do so)
How long does the event last?
The event lasts from April to May, so there's plenty of time to crack all the codes.
If you prove that you managed to solve the puzzle yourself (or at least decoded some messages), you will recieve an exclusive 88x31 banner and a Honeycomb stamp you can proudly display in your collection. You will also get other handsome rewards I don't have the guts to reveal right now.
The prizes will be given once all these conditions are met:
- All 17 messages/hints have been found and decoded (Almost there!)
- The Memory Fragment's puzzle is solved (Almost there!)
- I finish up both the banner and the stamp (Done!)
- At least one month passes by (Done!)
Discord Server Stats
- The Yesterweb
- 14 messages decoded
- Lots of progress made in cracking the code
- Has an official thread on #forum
- Poppy's Cult
- 15 messages decoded
- No progress made in cracking the code yet
If you have any questions or concerns, please post a message at my Neocities profile and I will answer as soon as possible.